Rubystars

Default Cooking bananas?

"Michael Balarama" > wrote in message

> "MEow" > wrote in message
> > In the local supermarket the other day I noticed something I've never
> > seen befo "Cooking bananas" is what they were called, and they were
> > completely green bananas. I didn't get around to check the label, to
> > find out if I would buy them or not, but before I do: do any of you
> > have any cooking advice, or recipes using cooking bananas?
> >
> > Is there any difference between cooking bananas and ordinary bananas,
> > other than ordinary bananas being more ripe?

> Heard Elvis Presley's favorite thing was fried bananas and peanut butter
> sandwiches...
> only rumor
> Michael

Those are good sandwiches too.

1. Butter two pieces of bread, make a sandwich like structure buttered side
out (or butter both sides if you really want it fatty) with, I suppose,
vegan margarine in this group.

2. Slather smoothe peanut butter liberally on both slices with a butter
knife on the part of the bread that's going to be inside and put slices of
ripe banana between them.

3. Grill it in a skillet to brown it on both sides like you would a grilled
cheese sandwich. Flip it with a spatula.

4. Cut into desired shape (diagonal is good) and then enjoy.

Warning: Too many of these could cause a heart attack or other bad health
effects, eat at your own risk!

-Rubystars