Jonathan Ball

Default Fruit Stickers-Look for the 8

The paranoid irrational food crazies get it wrong, AGAIN.

pearl wrote:

> 12-Nov-2003
>
> You've noticed that tiny stickers that now appear on almost all
> fruit, and probably been annoyed that you have to peel each one off.
> These contain bar codes for the check-out clerk, but they also
> contain a secret the store might not want you to know.

HERE we go: the usual paranoid irrational leftist
belief that "they" - always some mysterious, invisible
"they" for the ****ing loony paranoids - want to
conceal something.

The stickers do NOT contain bar codes. They contain an
eye-readable numeric code that the grocery clerk must
manually into the terminal.

As for the "organic" bullshit, organic fruits and
vegetables always are identified as such.