Posted to alt.food.sushi
Dan Logcher[_1_] Dan Logcher[_1_] is offline

Default Sushi chefs warn on side-effects of raw fish boom

Armadillo wrote:

>>> Health issues are minor side-effects compared to extinction of tuna.
>>> A few years ago I quit buying tuna altogether, fresh or canned, and
>>> I wish you all would do the same. I've made sushi at home
>>> regulairily about 20 years now and I really would not like to serve
>>> my guests 'the last piece of tuna'.

>> Tuna? They say the oceans will be depleted by 2051. We'll probable have
>> farm raised tuna still, but at what price. I may live longer enough
>> to see
>> this happen, although 43 years is a long time.

> Fish farming was a bad word before, now it is supposed to save wild
> fish. Go figure.

Not sure that will save them.. but it will be cheaper for companies to grow
fish than to catch wild ones. Once the ocean is dead and farmed is the only
option, then they will raise prices thru the roof.

--
Dan