bob

Default Eat dirt and live longer

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 22:50:43 +0000, Shez > wrote:

>In article >, Rubystars
> writes
>>
>>"machine99" > wrote in message
k...

>>provide

>>> Raw earth can contain worm eggs and other parasites....I wonder how it
>>> affects their health...

>>I've always wondered how they can find it healthy to eat dirt without doing
>>something to kill the parasites inside.

>I think perhaps we are over hygienic these days about food, to the point
>where our immune systems don't automatically kick in when we eat
>something that is not 100%

My immune system doesn't have much problem with anything. I've only
taken antibiotics a couple of times in the past 25 years. I avoid
antimicrobial soaps (except when I'm working in a cadaver lab or some
such) and I don't worry much about my food. This doesn't mean that I
won't die of a heart attack or cancer sometime in the next 20 years
but I doubt I'll spend much time feeling gross because of prescription
crap I'm taking.

>I am not terribly suprised these days with the number of children who
>are forever off school with one infection after another, They have never
>had the chance to build up their immune systems,

All 5 of the kids in this household have perfect attendance this year
and there were only a couple days missed total last year.

> Mums have made sure their little darlings never come into contact with
>a Germ and when they hit school they come into contact with the whole
>package all at once, no wonder they are sick.

Not all mothers have done this.