Posted to rec.food.cooking
hahabogus hahabogus is offline

Default Making potato salad with boiled potatoes

"King's Crown" > wrote in
:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
>> In article >, Mastermind >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Better to boil potatoes whole to cook in flavor or cut potatoes to
>>> shorten cooking time?

>> "Waxy" type potato. Scrub. Boil. Cool slightly. Peel. Dice or
>> slice. --
>> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
>> http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amytaylor
>> Surgery went well. Now the hard recovery begins.

> ""Waxy" type potato. Scrub. Boil. Cool slightly. Peel. Dice or
> slice." That's exactly how I make my potato salad. I think boiling
> makes a moister potato for the salad than a baked one.
>
> Lynne

I feel a baked potato soaks up more of the dressing and therefore mixes
in better. Either way day old fridge stored taters make for a better
salad.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

A man in line at the bank kept falling over...when he got to a teller he
asked for his balance.