Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Shen[_2_] Shen[_2_] is offline

Default Was Best Chinese Tea Dealers etc - Some Teaspring Offerings

On Mar 5, 5:51*pm, "Dominic T." > wrote:
> On Mar 5, 8:04 pm, "Alton B. Wilson" > wrote:
>

> > Shen,

> > Thanks for the good words about Teaspring. *I didn't think that maybe
> > the tea was coming from afar.

> > I guess I have been on a journey from Celestial Seasons, to Tazo, to
> > Adagio, to Upton and now moving more towards green and Oolong from more
> > "boutique" suppliers, if I can use that term, meant in the best way.

> > I am waiting on:

> > Feng Huang Dan Cong
> > Shui Xian
> > Jade Tie Guan Yin
> > Bi Tan Lan Xue
> > Pu Ti Cha

> > Right now, I am buying a lot of small sample packs to try to find out
> > what I like and what I don't.

> > Do you use the same type of tea pot for all of your teas? *Do you use
> > any type of special water for your tea? *I had a guy at a Sears store
> > try to sell me a reverse osmosis system, saying that he was a tea
> > drinker and that it made a big difference in taste.

> > Regards,

> > Alton

> Hey Alton,
>
> This may be a great topic to start a new thread rather than buried in
> this one as it is a valid question and I'm sure will get some
> conversation started. (at least I'd take it on
>
> - Dominic- Hide quoted text -

Agreeing with Dominic - A new topic.
Wow! I've just had the 3 of the teas on your list. I left remarks on
the site. The Pu Ti Cha is extrodinary. I'm sure you'll enjoy it! A
very special, special tea. The Shui Xian is a great buy. Very, very
flavourful and tenacious for the price. Hardly a "Chinese restaurant
tea".
Shen