Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Ai Ai is offline

Default Korean, Japanese, Chinese Tea Ceremonies

On Mar 1, 12:45 am, An Sonjae > wrote:

> It might be worth discussing the usefulness of the term 'tea ceremony'
> which I think derives from the Japanese ritualized versions of 'doing
> tea' familiar in China and Korea. In Korea there has been a recent
> tendency to develop 'performance tea' where one the master or a group
> do a formalized serving of tea on a stage while tea music is
> performed.
>
> I would be very happy to provide more information if it is needed

Hello Sonjae,

Thank you for your help! Why do you think Korean 'tea performance' is
beginning to have formalized serving of tea? (what do you think this
says about today's Korean culture). What is tea music?

Also, I would like to know more about you. Are you a tea master?
Where do you get your ideas, etc?

Thanks