Ken Blake

Default Does miso need refrigeration?

In ,
Michael > typed:

opened

that's

> Comercial mayo is too acidic to go bad unrefrigerated. It's

the
> mixtures of mayo and whatever (tuna, cabbage or the like) that

go bad
> and send you to the pottie.

All over Italy, you see tramezzini on display for sale in bars.
For those who don't know tramezzini, they are little half
sandwiches filled with a variety of things, (tuna, for example)
almost invariably prepared with mayonaisse. The tramezzini are
invariably put out on display in unrefrigerated cases in the
morning (sometimes even in the sun), and some of them stay there
all day.

I've never heard of anyone getting food poisoning from these.
I've even eaten them myself, sometimes several hours after they
were made, and never had a problem. I've never understand why
people don't often get sick eating them.

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup