Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick[_3_] Brick[_3_] is offline

Default Leftover Brisket with Beans

On 14-Feb-2008, Mark Filice > wrote:

> In article >, Default User says...
> >
> >Mark Filice wrote:
> >
> >> Smoked a 12 lb. brisket over the weekend. I put in it my GrillDome
> >> smoker at midnight at 225 degrees and added coals around 7 AM Sunday.
> >> It was ready by around 1:00 in the afternoon.

> >That seems fast.
> >
> >Nice quote. It's better when you credit the originator.
> >If televison's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who
> >won't shut up.
> >-- Dorothy Gambrell (http://catandgirl.com)

> I wouldn't consider 13 hours too fast for the brisket--but I could be
> wrong. I
> pulled it out of the GrillDome with an internal temp of 195.
>
> As far as quotes go, here's another one with credit given:
>

> Mark

How time does fly. The last brisket I cooked was a 12.19# packer
cut on Jun 16, 2007. It went in the pit at 8:10AM and came out at
7PM and 200°F internal. The final yield was 6.5#. (About 1/2# of
fat was trimmed off during prep.) I cook between 250° and 300°F,
but mostly right around 270°F. I guess that was 10 hours and fifty
minutes total cook time. Even the cat liked it. And this cat doesn't
like much of anything.
--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)