Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Leftover Brisket with Beans

Smoked a 12 lb. brisket over the weekend. I put in it my GrillDome smoker at
midnight at 225 degrees and added coals around 7 AM Sunday. It was ready by
around 1:00 in the afternoon.

Used hickory lump and apple wood chunks with a couple of mesquite chunks thrown
in. Sliced it for Sunday dinner and had a great meal. Lots of leftover meat.

Yesterday we set up the crockpot and put in cans of "Rancher Style" beans and
canned pinto beans (liquid too) and some chopped onion, garlic, salt & pepper.

Chopped up a bunch of the brisket and put it on top. Cooked it in the pot on low
for about 6 hours. We came home and stirred up the pot to mix everything well.
It was very tasty. When we try something new, we always ask one another "Is this
a do-again?" The answer in this case was "Yes!" from everyone.

All that was left of the dish was enough for my wife to take it to work for
lunch today.

Mark
"The internet is like a drunk librarian that won't shut up"

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Mark Filice wrote:

> Smoked a 12 lb. brisket over the weekend. I put in it my GrillDome
> smoker at midnight at 225 degrees and added coals around 7 AM Sunday.
> It was ready by around 1:00 in the afternoon.

That seems fast.

> Mark
> "The internet is like a drunk librarian that won't shut up"

Nice quote. It's better when you credit the originator.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default User wrote:
> Mark Filice wrote:
>
>> Smoked a 12 lb. brisket over the weekend. I put in it my GrillDome
>> smoker at midnight at 225 degrees and added coals around 7 AM Sunday.
>> It was ready by around 1:00 in the afternoon.

> That seems fast.

I don't know, Brian. 16 hours seems to be about right to me.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:
> Default User wrote:
>> Mark Filice wrote:
>>
>>> Smoked a 12 lb. brisket over the weekend. I put in it my GrillDome
>>> smoker at midnight at 225 degrees and added coals around 7 AM
>>> Sunday. It was ready by around 1:00 in the afternoon.

>> That seems fast.

> I don't know, Brian. 16 hours seems to be about right to me.

Oops. That should have been 13 hours. Sorry.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:

> Default User wrote:
> > Mark Filice wrote:
> >
> > > Smoked a 12 lb. brisket over the weekend. I put in it my GrillDome
> > > smoker at midnight at 225 degrees and added coals around 7 AM
> > > Sunday. It was ready by around 1:00 in the afternoon.

> > That seems fast.

> I don't know, Brian. 16 hours seems to be about right to me.

Gurk. I can't add today.

Brian

won't shut up.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >, Default User says...

>Mark Filice wrote:
>
>> Smoked a 12 lb. brisket over the weekend. I put in it my GrillDome
>> smoker at midnight at 225 degrees and added coals around 7 AM Sunday.
>> It was ready by around 1:00 in the afternoon.

>That seems fast.
>
>Nice quote. It's better when you credit the originator.
>If televison's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who
>won't shut up.
>-- Dorothy Gambrell (http://catandgirl.com)

I wouldn't consider 13 hours too fast for the brisket--but I could be wrong. I
pulled it out of the GrillDome with an internal temp of 195.

As far as quotes go, here's another one with credit given:

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than
to open it and remove all doubt."
--Mark Twain

Mark

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Mark Filice wrote:

> In article >, Default User says...
> >
> > Mark Filice wrote:
> >
> >> Smoked a 12 lb. brisket over the weekend. I put in it my GrillDome
> >> smoker at midnight at 225 degrees and added coals around 7 AM

> Sunday. >> It was ready by around 1:00 in the afternoon.
> >
> > That seems fast.

> I wouldn't consider 13 hours too fast for the brisket--but I could be
> wrong. I pulled it out of the GrillDome with an internal temp of 195.

Yeah, I misadded.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Mark Filice wrote:

> As far as quotes go, here's another one with credit given:
>
> "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are
> a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
> --Mark Twain

Abraham Lincoln, I believe.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >, Default User says...

>Mark Filice wrote:
>

>> As far as quotes go, here's another one with credit given:
>>
>> "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are
>> a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
>> --Mark Twain

>Abraham Lincoln, I believe.

You might be right:

http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Abraham_Lincoln

But then again, I might be right as well:

http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/369.html

http://www.mtwain.com/l_quotes.html

It was one of my father's favorite sayings. I looked it up one day and found the
link to Mark Twain and have attributed it to him ever since. But I could live
with Abraham Lincoln as the originator.

Mark

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >, Nunya Bidnits says...

>"Default User" > wrote in message
>> Mark Filice wrote:
>>

>> > As far as quotes go, here's another one with credit given:
>> >
>> > "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are
>> > a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
>> > --Mark Twain

>> Abraham Lincoln, I believe.
>>

>> Brian
>>
>> --
>> If televison's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who
>> won't shut up.
>> -- Dorothy Gambrell (http://catandgirl.com)

>non illegitimi carborundum
>
>MBKC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegitimi_non_carborundum

Mark

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 20:44:23 -0600, "Nunya Bidnits"
> wrote:

>"Mark Filice" > wrote
>
>> >non illegitimi carborundum
>> >
>> >MBKC
>> >

>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegitimi_non_carborundum
>>
>> Mark

>Yeah I know.... lol, its my favorite quote and doesn't have to be attributed
>to anybody. <g>
>
>MB

Here is one..latin:

Stercus accidit

Shit happens!

LOL
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Mark Filice wrote:

> In article >, Default User says...
> >
> > Mark Filice wrote:
> >

> >> As far as quotes go, here's another one with credit given:
> >>
> >> "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you

> are >> a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
> >> --Mark Twain

> > Abraham Lincoln, I believe.
> >

> You might be right:

Yay.

> But then again, I might be right as well:

Aw.

Half-credits all-around!

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Mark Filice" > wrote in message
> Smoked a 12 lb. brisket over the weekend. I put in it my GrillDome smoker
> at
> midnight at 225 degrees and added coals around 7 AM Sunday. It was ready
> by
> around 1:00 in the afternoon.
>
> Used hickory lump and apple wood chunks with a couple of mesquite chunks
> thrown
> in. Sliced it for Sunday dinner and had a great meal. Lots of leftover
> meat.
>
> Yesterday we set up the crockpot and put in cans of "Rancher Style" beans
> and
> canned pinto beans (liquid too) and some chopped onion, garlic, salt &
> pepper.
>
> Chopped up a bunch of the brisket and put it on top. Cooked it in the pot
> on low
> for about 6 hours. We came home and stirred up the pot to mix everything
> well.
> It was very tasty. When we try something new, we always ask one another
> "Is this
> a do-again?" The answer in this case was "Yes!" from everyone.
>
> All that was left of the dish was enough for my wife to take it to work
> for
> lunch today.
>
> Mark

You cooked canned beans for six hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! May god help you.

You can make a very nice variation of Cassoulet with leftover meat like
this, for God's sake don't use canned beans.

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 14-Feb-2008, Mark Filice > wrote:

> In article >, Default User says...
> >
> >Mark Filice wrote:
> >
> >> Smoked a 12 lb. brisket over the weekend. I put in it my GrillDome
> >> smoker at midnight at 225 degrees and added coals around 7 AM Sunday.
> >> It was ready by around 1:00 in the afternoon.

> >That seems fast.
> >
> >Nice quote. It's better when you credit the originator.
> >If televison's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who
> >won't shut up.
> >-- Dorothy Gambrell (http://catandgirl.com)

> I wouldn't consider 13 hours too fast for the brisket--but I could be
> wrong. I
> pulled it out of the GrillDome with an internal temp of 195.
>
> As far as quotes go, here's another one with credit given:
>

> Mark

How time does fly. The last brisket I cooked was a 12.19# packer
cut on Jun 16, 2007. It went in the pit at 8:10AM and came out at
7PM and 200°F internal. The final yield was 6.5#. (About 1/2# of
fat was trimmed off during prep.) I cook between 250° and 300°F,
but mostly right around 270°F. I guess that was 10 hours and fifty
minutes total cook time. Even the cat liked it. And this cat doesn't
like much of anything.
--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)