Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default I need a bunch of good spice containers

"Raison de Calcul" wrote

> Can anyone recommend a type of spice container to buy? Or a specific
> retailer that sells a good cheap container?

> I'd love any tips you've got!

Got a friend with a baby/young toddler still on baby food perchance? Ask
for some jars with lids and wash them (the labels soak off easy). If you
want fancy and dont mind being a little crafty, you can then wrpa them in a
bit of pretty fabric or ribbon leaving a little free glass you can see
through at the top. Elmers glue or rubber cement will do fine to hold the
fabric/ribbon on.

Want really fancy? Cut a circle of some thin colored paper, glue this to
the top then use a permanent marker and write the contents on it. You can
then coat the top with clear nailpolish or some sort of shellac to protect
the paper <g>.