Posted to alt.food.wine
cwdjrxyz cwdjrxyz is offline

Default Opening a Wine Store - any store owners out there to share theexperience?

On Jan 27, 1:18 pm, Wine For Newbies >
wrote:
> My dream is to open a wine store (wine only, not a generic liquor
> store) at some point in the future.
> I would like to know if there are store owners in the group who would
> like to share their experiences.
> Was it worth it opening the store? Is it still worth it? Pitfalls? How
> to get figure out the numbers for a business plan? Any information is
> helpful.

From a customer's viewpoint, I would strongly encourage you to include
a few quality beverages that may be served before, with, or after a
meal. Depending on what country you are in, these might include
Cognac, Armagnc, fruit eau-de-vie such as Framboise, perhaps a few
quality liquors. In other words, I would suggest a one-stop for buying
what you need for a dinner. If customers are forced to go to another
store to buy Cognac, etc they need for a meal, they may find it more
convenient to buy their wine at the other store also.