Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default World Market Find

In article >,
"Gregory Morrow" > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
> > In article
> > >,
> > Gregory Morrow > wrote:

> > > A flight attendant friend of mine who flies to Tokyo has brought
> > > several small bottles of this back for me, it's very good. He gets it
> > > at the "Dollar Store" (actually the "100 Yen" store) that is adjacent
> > > to their layover hotel at Narita...
> > >
> > > You can use it as a general seasoning, it's good on most everything...
> > >
> > > I'm going to World Market tomorrow, thanx for the tip. They carry
> > > decent spices at very reasonable prices...

> > Well, FINE!! I'll go, too. Maybe today.

> Ya know, Barb, if you have a Borders nearby they are selling nice big bags
> of xmas - themed Ghiradelli chocolate squares - many flavours - for 50% off
> (at least here in Chicawgo)...they have some other xmas - era stuff for sale
> too...

> Didn't know Borders sold comestibles, but these daze everyone is trying to
> get into yer pants for money...

> [so's you can buy those BIG bags of Lindt TRUFFLES that we know you so
> adore... :-) ]

I've received them, but am not all that fond of them. Doesn't stop me
from eating them, though. I don't think I've ever paid money for them.
I like m&ms once in a while. And milk chocolate with nuts all the time.
Oink, oink.

> Another hint for you birds that relish chocolate: in late January or so the
> Walgreen's drugstore chain puts all it's leftover boxed xmas chocolate on
> sale for CHEAPO prices. Last year I scored about ten boxes of Lindt,
> Ghiradelli, Droste, etc. pound boxes were like four or so bux...I originally
> thought the pricing was a mistake, but it was not.
>
> Just so ya know...
>

> :-)

Thanks. Borders is next door to the Lands' End Inlet -- 7 miles away.
:-) I dasn't get involved with the chocolate squares. I'm a
compulsive eater and an impulsive shopper. ;-) I'm set for next
year's Christmas gift baskets/boxes/bags having done serious damage at
Walgreen's (a couple of them) last week. The Widow Dorothy and I went
out to see what we could see. Seventy-five percent off was good. I
spent $50 total.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to