Posted to alt.food.wine
miles miles is offline

Default Wine tasting party

Ken Blake wrote:

> To me the words "wine tasting" and "party" don't go together. Tasting
> wine, comparing different wines, making written notes on what each is
> like and what the differences are, rating and ranking the wines, etc.
> are the things wine tasting is about. Those kinds of activities are
> much too serious for a party.

They're too serious for an enjoyable evening of wine tasting to me. We
often have friends over to do a vertical or perhaps a blind tasting.
The entire point of the evening is to have fun and enjoy wine and make a
few comments on who likes what. I enjoy wine, love touring the country
side wine tasting and stocking my cellar. Even when out at wineries
wine tasting I refuse to get all so serious about it that the fun is
removed.