Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default Wine tasting party

On Jan 6, 12:44�am, "John Laguna" > wrote:
> Hello everyone!!
>
> I just start getting into wine (Good Wine!!) and I am trying set up a wine
> tasting party. �Any advise or a website that I can get some ideas.
>
> Thanks
>
> John

A lot is going to depend on how many people are you considering? Other
factors are cost (are you planning on furnishing all wines?) and level
of wine interest among others.

If (if!) for instance you have 5-9 friends who said they also wanted
to learn more about wine, you could do this:
Pick a grape. Let's say Syrah/Shiraz. Ask everyone to bring one bottle
of a Syrah priced between $10-20, wrapped in foil (you might assign
regions- Rhone, US, California, S. America, Australia - to ensure
diversity). Pour 1.5 to 2 oz pours, try, talk about, and write down
your opinions. Unveil bottles, and see if your preferences fit a
pattern.

But that's just one idea. If you can answer the questions above, folks
could give better answers.