Posted to alt.food.wine
PK PK is offline

Default Wine tasting party

"Squet34678" > wrote in message
. co.uk...

> As others have said, if you just have loads of bottles about and ask
> people to try each then you'll just get a couple of idiots who pour
> themselfs a 50cl glass from one bottle and sit there drinking that for
> rest of the evening. Perhaps you should either have a party OR a wine
> tasting session. I don't think trying to combine the two would work!

it can work perfectly well!

Everyone gets a pencil and a piece of paper with a mix of serious and
humorous questions (Eg Is there a motoring connection to this wine? for
Riesling)

Employ a couple of family teenagers to go round serving tasting quantities
of each wine from bottles with hidden labels.

For the reveal, have someone knowledgeable about wine talking about each
wine over a second tasting quantity - I know that's anathema to serious
wine buffs as things are all in the wrong sequence, but this is fun not
serious.

Then open up for a free for all!

Have prizes for the most correct answers.

pk