Posted to alt.food.wine
Squet34678 Squet34678 is offline

Default Wine tasting party

"John Laguna" > wrote in message
. ..
> I just start getting into wine (Good Wine!!) and I am trying set up a wine
> tasting party. Any advise or a website that I can get some ideas.

Not sure about a 'party', but I went to a wine tasting session where
everyone sat in front of an A4 bit of paper with circles labels 1-6 with a
glass of each wine on top, and an accompanying sheet with a list of the
wines and space for tasting notes. We had a kind of 'class leader' who was
guiding us on the subject, but I guess you don't have to.

As others have said, if you just have loads of bottles about and ask people
to try each then you'll just get a couple of idiots who pour themselfs a
50cl glass from one bottle and sit there drinking that for rest of the
evening. Perhaps you should either have a party OR a wine tasting session. I
don't think trying to combine the two would work!