Posted to alt.food.wine
Joseph Coulter[_3_] Joseph Coulter[_3_] is offline

Default Wine tasting party

Ken Blake > wrote in
news
> On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 23:44:49 -0500, "John Laguna"
> > wrote:
>

>> I just start getting into wine (Good Wine!!) and I am trying set up a
>> wine tasting party. Any advise or a website that I can get some
>> ideas.

> To me the words "wine tasting" and "party" don't go together. Tasting
> wine, comparing different wines, making written notes on what each is
> like and what the differences are, rating and ranking the wines, etc.
> are the things wine tasting is about. Those kinds of activities are
> much too serious for a party.

The down side of such and event would be if it were like some events I
have attended in the past where two or three people bring semi serious
wine and everybody else shows up with the 47 pound Rooster or Yellow
Tail. On the other hand it could be an interesting event if all
attending have a similar philospohy and pocketbook.

An event along the lines of a Bill Spohn afternoon would be good- OK
fantastic and beyond my dreams-Some regulars post notes from events that
could be considered parties and yet have some significant wine education
involved.

--
Joseph Coulter, cruises and vacations
www.josephcoulter.com