Posted to alt.food.wine
Steve Slatcher Steve Slatcher is offline

Default Wine tasting party

Sounds like a tricky concept to me. Winetasting can be quite daunting
for those not used to the idea. Unless you can give more detail and
persuade me that it is a good idea, I'd say the best sort of
compromise is just to serve lots of different wines and try to make
sure people try a little of each one.

We had a Champagne party once along those sorts of lines. Several
different Champagnes poured in order by us. But apart from that
everyone just stood around chatting as per a normal party.

IME just having lots of different wines on offer doesn't work. People
just decided what they liked and kept drinking that, rather being
inquisitive. And our friends are generally all into wine to a greater
or lesser degree.

Or you could maybe organise some sort of winetasting game - but I'm
not sure if the guests you have in mind would appreciate that sort of
thing.

On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 23:44:49 -0500, "John Laguna"

--
Steve Slatcher
http://pobox.com/~steve.slatcher