Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Jackie Patti[_2_] Jackie Patti[_2_] is offline

Default Can I eat foods with sugar in them?

Anna wrote:

> My dr. is an endocrinologist. THEY DEAL STRICTLY WITH DIABETICS.

Yeah, endos do not just deal with diabetics though; diabetes is the most
common, but not the only endocrine disorder.

> All
> the information she has given me has been checked by ME with the ADA
> so yes I do trust her.

If it were me, I'd check with the AACE rather than the ADA. The AACE is
an association of professional endocrinologists, not just a random group
of whomevers.

The AACE guidelines are evidence-based.

> My sister has a nurse friend who works for the
> ADA and I check on anything my doctor says with her. She has been with
> the ADA for 24 years. Should I trust her????

Well, I read what the ADA had to say 20 years ago and absolutely decided
not to trust them myself. YMMV.

--
http://www.ornery-geeks.org/consulting/