Posted to rec.food.cooking
Phred Phred is offline

Default How do you cook turkey breasts? [Was: Freezing and storing cooked turkey?]

G'day mates,

Following on from the previous thread:

In article >, "ant"
> wrote:
[snip]
>Maybe you could chop the turkey in half, leave one half in the freezer
>and cook the other half? Or cook the lot, chop it up, freeze it, and make
>some lovely stock with the left over bones and stuff.

Okay. The problem wasn't as dramatic as I assumed. As I mentioned
just before Xmas, the "turkey" was a package of two frozen turkey
breasts "Self-basting Ezyroast Turkey Breasts" to give the full
marketing title. The total weight is given as 3.2 kg (about 7 lb).

But now the time is approaching when something needs to be done about
cooking the damn things. Hence this appeal to the turkey experts in
RFC. (Come to that, one assumes *all* Americans are cooking experts
when it comes to preparing turkey; you seem to eat enough of them. :-)

Popular opinion here is that turkey breasts are "dry" and scarcely
worth the trouble and energy consumption to cook them. But I'm
prepared to be surprised -- in fact, I *hope* to be surprised!

So, mates, how would you handle these things so they don't end up dry
and/or tasteless?

In the meantime, Happy New Year to all.

Cheers, Phred.

--