Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Can I eat foods with sugar in them?

Anna wrote:

> My dr. is an endocrinologist. THEY DEAL STRICTLY WITH DIABETICS. All
> the information she has given me has been checked by ME with the ADA
> so yes I do trust her. My sister has a nurse friend who works for the
> ADA and I check on anything my doctor says with her. She has been with
> the ADA for 24 years. Should I trust her????

Personally, I wouldn't. The ADA is notorious for their concentration on
low-fat and not on the carbohydrates which are the things that make the
blood glucose numbers high.

I have plenty of ADA recipes that are so high in carbs that they are
laughable. Desserts that are 45 grams of carbs (the entire 3 carb-count
servings permitted in your diet).

The ADA does some good things and we have been members for many, many
years, but their recipes are silly.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation