Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Jackie Patti[_2_] Jackie Patti[_2_] is offline

Default Can I eat foods with sugar in them?

Anna wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 21:24:53 -0500, Jackie Patti >
> wrote:
>> And I do have recipes in which a TB of blackstrap molasses is used in a
>> marinade or something. Very teeny, tiny amounts of sugar spread over
>> several servings. And yeah, that doesn't spike my bg. But I'd hardly
>> start a thread announcing that diabetics can all eat molasses.

> Now that is interesting about the molasses. I do limit what I eat and
> even my weight has dropped considerably too which helps too.
> Ive used the Splenda in things and not told my husband and he doesn't
> know the difference.

My husband doesn't like aspartame or sucralose, which is why I use
stevia more often.

He was drinking stevia-sweetened lemonade for months before he noticed I
hadn't made a "regular" and "diet" version - that he was drinking mine.

He also hasn't yet noticed that my cole slaw and homemade relishes and
pickles only come in one version now too.

It's more noticeable in some things than others; when no one can tell
the difference, I leave the sugar out.

--
http://www.ornery-geeks.org/consulting/