Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Anna[_2_] Anna[_2_] is offline

Default Can I eat foods with sugar in them?

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 21:24:53 -0500, Jackie Patti >
wrote:

>Anna wrote:
>> On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 10:11:15 -0500, Jackie Patti >
>> wrote:

>>> People with diabetes also can and do have heart attacks, become
>>> impotent, go on dialysis, suffer neuropathy, go blind, have bits
>>> amputated and die early deaths.
>>>
>>> Of course diabetics *can* eat any kind of crap they want; I have
>>> diabetic family members who do just that. But it's pretty a high cost
>>> for some cake and candy bars; personally, I'd rather spring for the
>>> stevia and keep my organs functioning.
>>>
>>> YMMV.

>>Blame the people who don't take care of themselves.

>Yeah, like eating piles of sugar as the original poster in this thread
>suggested.
>
>> Does your family see a Dr. on a regular basis?? I do. I see mine every
>> three months.

>My MIL sees several doctors every month.
>
>Don't know about my uncle-in-law or either sister as they don't discuss
>their health with me.
>

>> Stevia is non existent here in Alaska but I am able to get Splenda.

>I use both. And aspartame and cyclamates also.
>
>And I do have recipes in which a TB of blackstrap molasses is used in a
>marinade or something. Very teeny, tiny amounts of sugar spread over
>several servings. And yeah, that doesn't spike my bg. But I'd hardly
>start a thread announcing that diabetics can all eat molasses.

Now that is interesting about the molasses. I do limit what I eat and
even my weight has dropped considerably too which helps too.
Ive used the Splenda in things and not told my husband and he doesn't
know the difference.