Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy[_2_] Andy[_2_] is offline

Default Substitutiion for orange zest - clementines or tangerines zest

Dee.Dee said...

> Does substituing clementine or tangerine rind/zest for orange zest taste
> totally different or unacceptable in most recipes calling for orange

zest?

> Has anyone substituted either clementine or tangerine?
>
> Thanks.
> Dee Dee

Dee Dee,

I always wonder about using fruit zest. If it's not organic, it's probably
the most pesticided part of the fruit you could add to a dish. Sure it adds
an interesting visual but wouldn't some squeezed juice make more sense?

Andy
Who doesn't eat apple or cucumber peals.

--
All Posts Blocked From: @yahoo|@gmail|@hotmail