Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default onions and coumadin

<sf> wrote in message
>>My wife is on it also. No onion restrictions. Very few limitations
>>actually.
>>

> Thanks, I haven't ever heard her talk of any food restrictions. She's
> Central American and loves good food. Her limitations are all drug
> related when she talks about it to me.

There are interactions with food containing vitamin K (dark leafy greens)
and coumadin. The important thing there is moderation and consistency. If
you decide to eat spinach salads every day for dinner for a week, it will
throw your PT way out of whack. If you have a small salad ever couple of
days, it will be compensated for when tested and it will stay at that level.