Posted to rec.food.cooking,aus.food
ant[_11_] ant[_11_] is offline

Default Freezing and storing cooked turkey?

Phred wrote:

> I tried a google approach, but was left a little confused: One site
> told me that cooked turkey slices would store frozen for a month and
> the gravy or broth for 2 to 3 months. But it also said the cooked
> slices stored in gravy or broth would store frozen for 6 months!

I reckon things keep forever if frozen. I had a roast beef adn sundry other
bits o meat and stuff in my freezer when I set off to teach skiing in the US
last november, and when I returned in May, they were still there. et them
all and didn't die or anything. Maybe you could chop the turkey in half,
leave one half in the freezer and cook the other half? Or cook the lot, chop
it up, freeze it, and make some lovely stock with the left over bones and
stuff.

--
ant
Don't try to reply to my email addy: