Posted to rec.food.cooking
tert in seattle tert in seattle is offline

Default how do you make applesauce

writes:
>In article >,
> tert in seattle > wrote:

>> thanks Melba and thanks to all who replied, even the joke replies
>> that weren't actually funny -- you still brightened my day :-) :-) :-)
>>

>> FYI here's my method: take 1 part Braeburns and 1 part Granny Smiths,
>> core, peel, and quarter, put in a saucepan with enough water to
>> cover them, simmer covered for an hour or so, stirring occasionally.
>> Maybe uncover or partially cover towards the end until the desired
>> thickness/flavor concentration has been achieved. No need to stir
>> constantly. I like it chunky.

>Would you consider nuking them without the addition of any water? That
>is one helluva lot of water to add and then cook off.
>Heck, if I'd known you already knew how, I wouldn't have bothered. It
>sounded like you'd never done it before.
>Rock on.

I would consider nuking them without water. Since our electricity
is mostly hydro and the stove is gas, I'll have to weigh screwing up
local ecosystems against carbon emissions. Hm.

Anyhow I wanted to take a little survey without biasing the results.
You didn't waste your effort.