Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy2 Nancy2 is offline

Default FYI - Reynold's Handi-Vac

On Dec 10, 6:16 pm, " > wrote:
> On Dec 10, 9:19 am, Nancy2 > wrote:
>
> > On Dec 8, 8:44 pm, "Nancy Young" > wrote:

> > > There's a $2.50 coupon in the newspaper supplement, in many
> > > Sunday papers.

> > > nancy

> > I love it! It's only $10, and will fit anywhere in a cupboard or
> > drawer - well worth the price. It even comes with batteries, ready to
> > use.

> > N.

> can the baggies be re-sealed? for instance, you seal some cheese or
> veggies, open it up take some out and re-seal it? I thought it looked
> interesting.

I answered once; don't know what happened to it. Anyway, yes, you can
use them over and over until they wear out, I guess. And unlike the
Tilia, you don't have to cut off part of it each time. The Handi-Vac
bags seal like Ziplocs, but are absolutely air-tight.

My latest use: sealing spackling compound, plumbers' putty and wood
filler - those little things that cost money that you use only once in
a while and are always dried up when you want to use them again.

N.