Gareth Evans

Default Tamale Terror!!!!!

Thanks Rich, you've given me hope!!!

People in the UK really don't know about tamales...I "discovered" them on a
trip to Austin and I've been hooked ever since. Supplies of corn husks and
Masa can be erratic though.
I'm growing my own jalapenos this your in the hope of smoking them into
Chipotles so I'm hoping for a warm summer!
Cheers,

--
Gareth Rowan
www.toocountry.co.uk

"Rich McCormack" > wrote in message
om...

> Gareth Evans wrote:
> > HELLLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!
> > I live in the UK (it get's worse...) I am feeding 6 hungry guys on

Tuesday
> > night and I have promised them Tamales. There is 1 (one...count 'em!)
> > supermarket in the area which stocked masa harina up until the last time

> > shopped there, when I bought (and used) their last packets. I have a

mail
> > order supplier, but there's no way they can get it to me in time....can

you
> > see how much trouble I'm in???
> > I have half a pound of the stuff left and what I was wondering is, can I

mix
> > the masa harina with fine yellow cornmeal and get an acceptable result?
> > Has anyone ever tried this?
> > I am reluctant to experiment on my own as don't want to waste the real

nice