Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown jmcquown is offline

Default Catering question?

Bushay wrote:
> "Reg" > wrote in message
>> Bushay wrote:

> Well, I just got back and did end up purchasing a 71 pound. Select
> Blns BeefRound W/C/H/O[Peeled Knuckle} S/T [This is what was on the
> label of the box.] I think I made a big mistake. I should have went
> with choice. I got it at a cost of $1.89 a pound. Is there anything
> I can do marinade wise or to spice it up other than adding jus or
> sauce on the side. Also gonna make some Mostacholi along with a
> ceasars salad and a couple vegetables as well as a bread.

Marinades generally consist of an acidic liquid and some oil, i.e. wine or
wine vinegar or lemon juice with seasonings added. I just wing marinades
depending upon what I have on hand.

In this case I'd go with an *inexpensive* (since you're going to be
marinating a lot of beef!) red wine (dry, not sweet) and a neutral tasting
oil. Onions, quartered to release the flavour. Maybe chopped celery
stalks. And garlic, definitely lots of garlic! Salt & pepper.

I'd marinate the beef (refrigerated, of course) for at least 24 hours based
on the cut you've described. Sorry, I can't begin to suggest quantities for
that amount of beef. Good luck!

Jill