Posted to alt.food.barbecue
yetanotherBob yetanotherBob is offline

Default Oliso Frisper

In article >, ost
says...
> On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 10:22:06 -0500, yetanotherBob wrote:
>
> > The FoodSaver "hack" is simply to cut a strip from the embossed side of
> > a FoodSaver bag, then place it into the smooth-sided bag so that it
> > extends from the FoodSaver vacuum channel, across the sealing element
> > and into the bag a bit. This provides a path for the FoodSaver to draw
> > a vacuum from smooth-sided bags, almost as quickly as it would with the
> > fully-embossed FoodSaver bags. A strip about 1" wide by 2" or 3" long
> > works well with my FoodSaver. The embossed strip just gets sealed up
> > between the sides of the smooth bag, no problem.

> I hadn't heard that before but it may shine new light on those
> *******s at Tilia (for shutting down Sorbent Systems)
>
> -sw

After being reminded about Sorbent Systems, I checked their site out,
and they seem to be alive and kicking, which is good. They've got some
verbiage on one page on the site about "channel bags" not being
available for web purchase, but I suspect that a call or email would
score some useable bags from the company. There's no rule, after all,
about doing products to someone's specification, right?

Bob