Shelora

Default Tamales

Hello,
I made tamales in corn husk on Sunday. I used a pork lard which I
rendered myself (highly recommended - much better than crisco!) and
the flavour was out of this world. I have a question about cooking
times. These tamales took longer than usual - over three hours on
high.
What determines the cooking time of a tamale. Although I laid roasted
poblano strips on the dough, they weren't really that wet. I thought
maybe, the filling was the reason they took so long.
My other question is, can you overcook a tamale?
Looking forward to hearing from you out there.
Shelora