Old 28-11-2007, 12:55 PM posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default 3 French wines, 1 Spanish

On Nov 28, 3:40�am, "John T" wrote:
�The wine was the 1997 Ch. Lagrange (St.

Julien). I recently split a case of this with a friend for $195. I'm
very happy with the deal. Is this great Bordeaux? No, not by �a long
stretch. But at $16 a bottle this is a steal, lovely midweight claret.

1997 Claret, an underated vintage for drinking now. Readily available and
not that expensive....(for Claret that is!!)

JohnT

Not expensive NOW, as prices have dropped as most other vintages have
risen. But on release prices were equal or above '95 & '96. I think
selected wines from '97 indeed offer good value for drinking now,.