Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee.Dee Dee.Dee is offline

Default Induction Cooktop

"hahabogus" > wrote in message
> Doug > wrote in news:douglashh-
> :
>
>> Am thinking of an induction cooktop for Christmas.
>>
>> Anyone want to share experiences, good & bad.

> I use regularly an induction hot plate...a one burner dealie. I am quite
> content with it.
>
> I use it mostly outside when I bbq to make sauces and side dishes. And
> occassionally I'll make scrambled eggs or a large pot of soup inside with
> it. It will maintain a very even temp low simmer quite nicely for the
> soup. I believe it almost matches gas in heat up and cool down and it is
> reasonable kilowatt power cost-wise.

Same here, I bought a one induction plate -- I believe it goes to a 12"
ring. Then I liked it so much I bought another.
I do use them outside for long time cooking as I would a crockpot. If I
needed another burner (or two) inside, there, I have it.

I was trying out induction to see if I wanted to go to the expense of
induction (not that I 'really' would). I'm happy with the regular electric
cooktop. I don't feel that it is a trade-off either.

Dee Dee