Posted to rec.food.cooking
Blinky the Shark Blinky the Shark is offline

Default Rutabagas [Was: Protein for vegetable "soup". [Was: Minimeatballs and dipping sauce]]

FarmI wrote:

> Really fresh parsnips are best steamed and mashed with good butter and
> they are superb, (nutty and sweet) but getting really fresh ones is
> almost impossible. I've only ever managed it twice in my life (I;m
> over 50), but the memory of them is enough to have me sitting here
> drooling.

I hope that "nutty" is nuttier than the "nutty" I see attributed to some
cheeses. I like cheese, and variety, but I've never tasted any "nutty"
in any of the supposedly "nutty" cheeses I've tried. I've begun to
believe that the nutty part is the people who call them "nutty".

--
Blinky T. "has turnips and rutabagas on hand but no parsnips" Shark
Killing all posts from Google Groups