Wayne Lundberg

Default Help with Vegetarian Side?

"Douglas S. Ladden" > wrote in message
9.17...
> Hello Folks!
>
> I've been invited to a dinner, and I am supposed to bring a side
> dish. However, they are vegetarian and I am not, so I am having great
> difficulty in finding a Mexican vegetarian side dish, as opposed to .

---snip---

The overwhelming majority of Mexican fare is meatless. Meat is traditionally
consumed once or twice a month and this includes chicken, fish, beef, pork,
etc.

Think of spinach enchiladas, squash flower quesadillas, mole on rice with
corn tortillas, tostadas with avocado as the 'meat', rice, beans, refrieds
with totopos, salsas, sopes with mushrooms as the 'meat', amerinth (the most
nutritious herb on the planet), fruits, juices, tortillas done in a million
ways, calabazitas with nopalitos and a dash of vinegar....

Wayne