Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Protein for vegetable "soup". [Was: Mini meatballs and dipping sauce]

Dawn wrote on Mon, 19 Nov 2007 08:30:09 -0800 (PST):

D> On Nov 19, 7:53 am, (Phred)
wrote:
??>> Yesterday, I made a (rather big) batch of
??>> "vegetable soup" -- really just a *lot* of cauliflower,
??>> plus carrots, onion, garlic, and a bit of celery, cooked
??>> minimally in chicken stock with a bit of curry powder
??>> added. It was pretty lumpy for soup and was lacking
??>> "something" -- i.e. something in the line of protein.
??>>
D> Whisk up an egg and pour it over the hot broth. It will cook
D> pretty much immediately. Won't add much in the way of
D> flavor, but it is easy protein.

You can buy "textured vegetable protein" and add that. It
doesn't do much for me as far as flavor is concerned but you get
your protein!

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: