Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected][_2_] nailshooter41@aol.com[_2_] is offline

Default A real disappointment

For any of you thinking of buying that little Chargriller patio grill
that is the size of the side firebox on the Chargriller Pro, you
should take a good look at what you are gettiing.

I like the side firebox on mine as it has the cast iron grates just
like the cooking side. With the coals literally being about 3" under
cast iron grates the meat cooks perfectly as the iron holds the heat
so well. It is easy to clean, and cooks steaks to perfection as you
can get those grates almost glowing for a good sear.

Now the are selling the little patio unit (not the bigger one) with
porcelin grates. No more heavy cast iron. The rest of it seems the
same with this change, but my amigo wanted one with cast iron grates
like mine. None around here to be found as they are all now "easy to
clean porcelin".

Thinking there could be some other changes to the Chargriller line, we
looked at the Chargriller Pro with the SFB. Now the SFB doesn't come
with cast iron grates, either. It doesn't even come with the porcelin
grates. It has some thin wire welded grates that look really flimsy.
What a disappointment. And on the CP with the SFB, they have raised
the prices, to boot.

So if anyone that is looking for a great unit and can find one of
these older models as a seasonal closeout with all cast iron, I
suggest you hop on them as they will be less quality and higher priced
for next year.

Robert