Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Pulled Pork -- what to do with already cooked pork with no spicesadded

Dave Bugg wrote:
> notbob wrote:
>
>> This is not considered real BBQ by
>> hard core Q-freaks, but screw 'em.

> I don't think anyone said anything about bbq. The only issue of contention
> would be if you called that bbq, which it clearly wouldn't be.

I know a lot of hardcore Q freaks get all anal over minor/major
distinctions between what is "real" bbq. Sorry, I'm not so encumbered.
If the people of TN want to call what I learned to love, BBQ, who am
I to argue. If some back yard grill jockeys want to call burger n'
frank conflagrating a barbecue, I'm not going to burn their boat.

Sure, I know how to tend a 225 deg F smoker for 12 hrs and dry rub a
rack o' ribs. I'll cuss the cuss that puts ribs in water and swear at
the twit that blackens 2 score of chicken legs with 23 layers of sugar
paste. But, some of that crap just somehow turns out to be good eats
and if it tastes good, I'll eat it, no matter what they call it.

OTOH, if you get within 50 ft of any Q of mine with either mustard or
vinegar, I'll shoot your eyebrows off!

nb