Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lou Decruss[_2_] Lou Decruss[_2_] is offline

Default Pulled Pork -- what to do with already cooked pork with no spices added

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 11:25:35 -0800, "Dave Bugg" >
wrote:

>Lou Decruss wrote:

>>> http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/faq2/toc.html

>>> It would, if you have ever tasted real bbq. But there's nothing
>>> wrong with pork cooked by other techniques, as long as folks don't
>>> pretend it's BBQ (which no one has in this thread). BBQ ain't the
>>> sauce, it's the way the meat is cooked. Heck, many real good bbq
>>> joints don't put an ounce of sauce on the meat they serve; the meat
>>> is so tender, moist and flavorful coming out of the pit that sauce
>>> isn't needed. They just don't need to hide the taste of meat. :-o

>> I knew I had figured out how to make real Q when my guests didn't use
>> sauce anymore.

>There ya go, Lou; there's no higher compliment. :-)

Thanks. It took a long time to learn the tricks but it was worth it.
I made ribs 2 weeks ago. I had just set them on the counter to bring
to room temp when a neighbor came knocking. She came in and commented
on how nice looking they were. (They were some of the meatiest I've
ever seen actually) Then she felt I needed instructions which
included boiling. I tried to be very polite as she really is a nice
old lady, but I did mention I'm not making rib soup.

Another neighbor is a Chicago firehouse cook. Most firemen and
paramedics have second jobs since they do a 24/48 schedule. He works
for a caterer and does some his own gigs. I guess the commercial
smoker they do ribs in is big enough to walk in, but most of the heat
comes from gas and the smoke flavor from whatever chips they use are
just a token. Sauce is a necessity. He thought his ribs were good
until he had mine.

Lou