Posted to rec.food.cooking
Goomba38 Goomba38 is offline

Default Anyone in Norfolk Area? Ethinic grocerys

Cshenk wrote:
> "Mo" wrote

>> I used to work/live in VB, at False Cape State Park. If you haven't
>> discovered it yet, you need to. You park at the south end of Sandbridge,
>> and
>> from there it's a 6 mile hike or bike ride, or occasionally a shuttle
>> ride,
>> through Back Bay Wildlife Refuge to the north end of the park. It's one of
>> the real treasures of the east coast.

> I always liked Fort Story. Quiet and secluded area.

My husband was attached to Little Creek Amphibious Base, but worked on
Fort Story. As far as I'm concerned Fort Story was the Army's best kept
secret. We lived in quarters only one year then bought a couple of
houses (ending up near Sandbridge) but it's a great place to live all
round. We left in 1989.
ObFood- cheap, cheap lunches at the Fort Story O'Club daily because they
had to serve a certain amount of food to offset the liquor sales on the
whole. Ah.. those were the days.