Alan Sandoval

Default Origin of albondagas soup?

> Where in S. Cal. do you live? I live in the Northern San Diego area and
> almost
> all of the Mexican restaurants I know of serve albondigas soup. I don't
> know the origin
> of the soup but it is quite common in Mexico. As for being regional, I

found
> it
> in Jalisco, Nayarit, Sonora and Baja.
>
> Yes, mint is an ingredient in albondigas.
>
> Linda

I'm in Orange County. I do find it in a few of the restaurants here, I
suppose if I ventured into Santa Ana more often I'd find it just about
everywhere. I was more interested in finding out the origin and background
of the soup than actually finding it.

Speaking of N County, a friend took me to a Mexican place near Escondido. I
forget exactly where it was but you'll probably recognize the description of
the location. It was a fairly large mall that seemed to have only
restaurants in it, MANY restaurants! The place was kind of scruffy inside
(some of the best places are, aren't they?) and the food was excellent.

Alan