Douglas S. Ladden

Default green chili and cheese tamales

The Terran carbon-based unit designating itself as "William Jennings"
> shared its ideas in alt.food.mexican-cooking on
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 23:05:04 GMT:

> "Linda" > wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>
> > I know one year I had a lot of leftover turkey from Thanksgiving
> > and I

> used it to make turkey
>> tamales (o.k. folks, flame away)
>> They were so good, I was even surprised myself.

> If I'm not mistaken, turkey in tamales was an original Aztec food.
>
> doc

Maybe we'll find out for sure when the Museum of the Tamal opens.
It was originally scheduled to open this fall, but has now been pushed
to Spring, 2004. It will be housed in an ancient adobe building, part
of the Mision San Juan Capistrano, in California. It was the brainchild
of John Rivera Sedlar, alleged "King of the Tamal".

Until then, you can look at all the yummy regional tamal recipes
(if you read Spanish) he http://www.tamales.com.mx/tmapa.htm. There
are some cool recipes there, including many I've never heard of. Enjoy!

--Douglas