Linda

Default Origin of albondagas soup?

"Cuchulain Libby" > wrote in message
.. .

> "Alan Sandoval" > wrote in message
> > My mother seemed to make this quite well though I know nothing of it's
> > origin. It was simply described to me as Mexican meatball soup. I've

> only
> > found it at a few places here in S Calif.
> >
> > Is this a widely available traditional Mexican food? Is it regional?

If
> it
> > is cross-regional does it differ from place to place?

> I was reminiscing about albondigas soup recently.
> I grew up in SoCal and had it all the time. Now I live in San Antonio and
> don't see it. They also use regular tripe in the menudo here...
>
> -Hound

San Antonio? That's Tex-Mex. Go a little further south, or maybe way south,
until you hit the valle del rio, McAllen, Harlingen, Brownsville, should
find it there.
Also maybe if you look for some of those little hole in the wall
restaurants,
you might have better luck then in the big upscale places.

We use regular tripe in menudo, that and honeycomb tripe, which I prefer.

Linda