Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Another question to ask at the Pearly Gates

"Dee.Dee" > wrote in message
> DH and I were having coffee this afternoon talking about stupid things.
> We couldn't figure out why they put those stickers on your returns at the
> doors at Costco and Walmart; what it accomplishes for them.
>
> Does anyone know?
>
> The reason I ask is tomorrow is a big return day:
>
> An outdoor "critter" camera that takes pictures at night.
>
> A Shark sweeper.
>
> A corked bottle of wine.
>
> Hey, I'm just bringing them in the door. They've already got my money --
> what's the deal?
>
> Dee Dee

It shows to some extent that you bought the product, not just took it from
the shelf directly to the return counter. If you elect to take the product
out again, it also shows that it was brought it from the outside, not off
the shelf. Some security setups are to make people aware that the store is
watching, a deterrent in itself.

Why are you returning wine?