Posted to rec.food.cooking
Virginia Tadrzynski Virginia Tadrzynski is offline

Default Diabetics of r.f.c.

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 13:43:01 -0800, Nexis wrote:
>>
>>> So...just how many of us are there?

>> Enough to create another group, rec.food.cooking.diabetic ?

> There's already a diabetic food newsgroup. I believe Damsel started it,
> but I could be wrong.

In the book I was recommended to read 'The First Year', they highly
recommend misc.health.diabetes as the newsgroup to garner info.
alt.support.diabetes is just a lot of medicaleeze and people posting their
daily BG numbers (sorry, I have enough to worry about taking my own) and
although I understand the medicaleeze, to quote Joe Friday, 'Just the Facts,
Ma'am'....the former, mhd, may have been okay in the beginning, but like rfc
it is getting hard to find what you are looking for in amongst all the 'buy
these cheapass sneakers from China' and 'I got good loving from this
website' posts. I suggested to Andy that we might want to form our own
little support group here among ourselves as we actually cook and understand
more than the average bear with a high BG about measuring and planning and
cooking to taste. Not a separate newsgroup, but just a group of us who can
email each other with an 'attaboy' when needed or a shoulder to cry on.

Hey Cathy, just to get some sort of count....maybe a survey? Are you
diabetic? Then the follow up, Type 1 or Type 2.

-ginny
Type 2 since 5/06. Supposedly diet and execise controlled (not).
daughter Type 1 since 10/10/05