Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
[email protected] FreakNasties@gmail.com is offline

Default Phylloxera on concord grape vine...

Well, I'm pretty sure they're concord grapes -- because I like
concord, and that's what they taste like.

As far as whether or not it's phylloxera, I took a leaf that had a
bunch of galls on it (easy, as most of the leaves had them) to a
gardening store, and after some discussion and research, we "verified"
that's what it was. This vine is relatively young (i.e. only a few
years old, I think). The reason I don't know much about the vine is
that it was here and growing before I even knew what it was. I knew
there were vines on the fence (towards the back of my property), but
this is the first year that it produced *anything*.

I live in Southern Wisconsin.

Thanks for all of your feedback! I really appreciate it.

Jeff