Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
shbailey shbailey is offline

Default Phylloxera on concord grape vine...

The other posters pose valid questions, but phylloxera is possible on
a labrusca, especially one that may have some vinifera in it. Quoting
Munson on p. 217 "...Labrusca is low in resistance and is much
weakened in clay soils, if infested, and Vinifera is entirely non-
resistant." I couldn't find the exact quote, but I think I have seen
elsewhere in Munson's book that he rated labrusca to have a phylloxera
resistance of 4 (out of 18 I think). Muscadines were 18 and vinifera
were zero.