Judy_Gee

Default Foodmakers Feeding Off Low-Carb Craze

> That was always my argument against low-fat milk (yuck!) - "low-fat"
> probably means "high carbohydrate". But then I realised it's not true.
> "low-fat" could just mean "high water". And "low carbohydrate" could
> just mean they fill it up with sawdust (or whatever).

You make an interesting point: fiber shows up in the labels as a
subset of carbohydrate. I remember when hi-fiber was trendy, and
manufacturers were adding "fiber" to foods. Some of foods which you
wouldn't expect to have fiber, like vanilla ice cream. I have NO idea
what they added, and I think I'm better off in ignorance. Judy Gee